This post should have gone up earlier, but we have been very, very busy with other side projects – and I have just noticed that I hadn’t posted it – DOH! Apologies everyone.
OK, so Halloween is just around the corner – you need a promo for on-air – what do you do?
Here are our top 10 ideas:
- A ‘Halloween Song Mashup’ – cue to call – listeners need to identify the song and artist of both songs that have been mashed together.
- A ‘Halloween Costume Competition’ – submit photos on Insta – and choose the winner
- A Halloween ‘Colour-in’ for the kids, download from your site, or pick up from sponsors businesses, age appropriate prizes.
- A ‘Name That Grab’ style competition on-air where listeners need to identify the sound grab from either a Halloween movie or tv series. Name the actor/character and movie.
- ‘Hunt the Spook’ listeners need to hunt around on your website for a specific hidden spook that changes location everyday – watch out for the other ghosts on the website – they may lead you astray. Once found, they need to call it through to the station ‘Ghostbuster hotline’ to claim the prize, or have them click on the ghost to go to a special page to enter the draw to win a prize.
- ‘Give An Impersonation of’ with callers asked to impersonate different Halloween characters.
- ‘Halloween Trivia’, listeners need to answer X number right – from the history of Halloween to movies, tv, pop culture and more – to win the big prize.
- ‘Trick Or Treat’ callers get to choose a trick to be played on someone else, or a treat for themselves. The trick is usually a fake call from the radio station, or similar fake out played on someone – the treat is a prize win.
- ‘Candy Me, Candy Me, Candy Me’ Listeners need to name the treat as being described while being eaten by the jock.
- ‘Name That Halloween Crunch’ using Foley sound effects listeners need to identify sound effects used in horror films, eg: celery being broken = broken bones, hitting meat = punch. (Like the Secret Sound, but Halloween themed)