I was spit-balling some ideas with another copywriter the other day about creative writing prompts, some of the ideas were came up with were very silly – others made this list:
1. Create a commercial using a fictional product or service that promises to transport you to a different era or time period with each use.
2. Create a commercial for a fictitious mobile app that allows you to speak to pets in their own language, and then talk to them about the clients product or service.
3. Create a commercial for a fictional brand product or service that promises to make you invisible to everyone around you when used.
4. Create a commercial for a fictitious online retailer that specializes in selling items that were once owned by famous historical figures, then have them use a clients product or service.
5. Imagine a fictional product that allows you to experience your dreams (or someone else’s dreams) in a virtual reality setting.
6. Using a clients product or service turns the consumer into a superhero.
7. Using a clients product or service suddenly lets you relive your favourite childhood memories.
8. Using a product or service over promises to make you immune to stress and anxiety, and the results are…
9. Given a clients product or service suddenly provides you with a personal genie.
10. Suddenly, using hearing a clients commercial on the radio transports a character to a different country, location or situation each time it is played.
11. Using a clients product or service suddenly lets you speak in any language, fluently.
12. A client can time-travel to any era, they go back in time to tell themselves about their product or service.
13. Eating a food, or using a product gives the listener superhuman speed, the commercial is then played faster so they know what the world will be like when they do it.
14. A personal assistant is assigned to you when you use a product or service, but they are very literal. Chaos ensues.
15. You can suddenly hear the voices of a product as it is being used – what are they saying?
16. Famous names are parodied and are ready to use the clients products or services – what are they saying?
17. Imagine that you are immune to all kinds of weather, how will that affect the use of a product or service?
18. Create a commercial for a fictitious service that allows you to communicate with aliens.
19. The listeners are invisible and walking around a clients workspace – what do they hear and see?
20. We hear the internal monologue of a client as they talk about a product or service to a customer.