Next week is the last week of daily posts on RadioCopywriters.com and it is with a slightly heavy heart that I share with you what is going to happen next.
Monday will be the last Copywriting Post, Tuesday the last Promotions post, Wednesday the last Sales Post, Thursday will be the last ‘Lets Write an Ad’ post, and the final Friday Review. There will be no news on the Sunday (so this Sunday’s news post will be the final one).
After the final post on Friday we will leave the site in stasis for a month before bringing it back online with a new look and new purpose. So that will be something to look forward to.
Every month or so there will be new release e-books and downloads included on the site – a lot of them will be free, others will (as always) have a minimal charge to them.
These resources are specifically written for those of us in radio – and not general ‘copywriting’ resources and I hope that this site will continue to supply these for a long time to come.
A few of the projects that the team is working on behind the scenes include:
* A Radio Copywriting course (from a one day workshop to an on-going training course) this is in its early stage and some very talented people are contributing to this – I can’t wait to do the big reveal for it when it is ready. This has been a bit of a pipe dream up until now – but is something that we all would like to see happen in the future.
* More e-books, including the long talked about Radio Promotions e-book (it has grown and grown and now is in the process of being cut back to a manageable size before it goes to editing)
* And all of the e-books will also be going across to the kindle format, as well as being available here – so that’s exciting – and if you come here first – you’ll be able to get a discount code to use to buy at a cheaper rate.
* New e-books will include the posts from the site, broken into their different departments, and a book on sales training which one of the team is really passionate about and I have to say is a lot of fun to read.
* Just a bit of an insight into the mad people who are behind this project – there are about 50 e-books planned… that’s right 50! Covering everything from sales to promotions, a lot of copywriting books and more on the radio industry.
* We have been kicking around the idea of a podcast specifically for radio copywriting.
* And finally a series of videos (on YouTube) in the vein of ‘Let’s Write A Radio Ad’, the team are working on convincing me that I should do this – as the hits on the last 2 weeks alone on the ‘Let’s Write An Ad’ posts have been off the charts! That was really surprising.
Unfortunately: One idea that has been shelved permanently, that we originally set the site up for was a forum for radio copywriters to share their work, ideas and inspiration and to assist each other in finding work. This project was going to involve a lot more work than we all expected and has been shelved for now.
I also wanted to take this opportunity to thank you – the reader of these posts, the site and the e-books. Thankyou so much for your time, your comments (when we weren’t being spammed). For reaching out to me on Linked-In and for your kind words. I really, really appreciate it.
This project was never, ever about making money. It was to create a legacy for copywriters who work in radio to fall back on if needed. To connect people, ideas and give resources that could be used for anyone writing a radio ad. The costs were always kept to a minimum and if it wasn’t for the team behind this project giving of their time and expertise for free – it wouldn’t have happened.
This was always going to be an ambitious project, and I want to thank the group of people who were behind me for this journey, from Suzanne to Brian, Daisy to Lisa, James, Chloe, Clinton and the many others who have made suggestions, given ideas, or generally prompted me in one way or another. Special mentions go to Josh, Andy, Tony and Ed.
Everyone deserves a standing ovation, and a hearty handshake and big hug.